8.14.2005

the big bang

dear friends,

it is almost two years to the day that i got bangs. for those of you not around in that era, its sorta a long story. i was in chattanooga, i needed to kill some time, i had an "event" to attend the next day, and i was about to start anew in montreal. what better time to get bangs. false. fortunately my hair grows quickly and in about 6 months i no longer had them. i swore i would never do it again.

so, picture it... yesterday, esthetica. my super sweet hairdresser mary, who has given me 3 of the best hair cuts of my life, asks me how i would feel about bangs. mary has the same hair type as me (fine but lots and lots of it) and is a perfectionist, so with visions of hot microbangs in my head, i was like "sure, why not". i mean i have no time to kill, no "events" to attend, and am starting anew in jersey.

why not........... well perhaps i should have remembered that bangs create a look that is somewhere in between the mid 1990s "rachel" and a tegan and sara femme-mullet. i hate it. but mary hugged me and wished me luck in jersey and i couldn't say anything. it's not actually the bangs i hate as they actually look kinda cute when my hair is back... it's just when my hair is down i can't help but feel a little business in the front, party in the back. not that i know what the solution is. i am contemplating just turning it into a bob with bangs... but that is the haircut i (and dorothy hammil) had for most of the early 1980s.

anyway in dramatically less superficial news, optimuslukas has posted pictures from last weekends wimf fun! and, not for fake, that kid with the glasses was a million kinds of adorable.

5 days till the jersey road trip,
cam

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

can we perhaps see a photo of said bangs? i feel that i could give you adequate advice on what to do if only i knew what they looked like.

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home