6.12.2005

worse than footloose

dear friends,

was supposed to have spent this weekend working on a-f-p (article for publication). unfortunately there is a data problem and in spite of thinking i was going to get clean data saturday night, i did not. which means that i totally bailed on ms. sofi for no reason at all. which means i almost have to go to the wolf island music festival just to see her. but it also means that after probably 10 attempts we never successfully managed to go to rock and roll high school. there was no dancing. there was no drinking. no cute boys. no gross poutine. my life is not better than an abba song, it is worse than footloose. this is a sad and pathetic fact that i just felt needed to be documented on the internerd.

unrelated: another great piece in the nytimes today about a senior-ladies organization. my fascination with such groups is borderline scary. perhaps it is because my mother never let me join brownies. perhaps it is because never making it to rock and roll high school is a sign that i am nearing 80.

less hip. more hip replacement. and i am a librarian!

rescue me.
cam

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

my activity of choice on a saturday night: read a good book while drinking hot water with lemon and honey.
we can grow old together...

--t.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Ms. Cam said...

La Cache! I'm not there yet. Although I do think they have cute stuff for little people. Somehow I feel I cannot dress like Anne of Green Gables but it is okay to dress my future children like that.

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home