5.19.2005

the sufjan stevens moving plan


dear friends,

i hate moving. hate it. hate it. hate it. i don't mind the getting rid of old stuff/acquiring new stuff parts, but the transporting of the must keep stuff from one location to another gets to me. it is probably the influence of my father, who when my parents divorced paid my mother for half of the house that he had already bought so that my sisters and i could stay in the same house we had always lived in. now 90% of this is because my dad is awesome. the other 10% is probably because my dad is not a big fan of moving either. in 60 years and counting he has lived in five places and three towns. he has worked in twice that many places. he would rather commute 2 hours a day than move somewhere, gasp, urban.

so, when i talk to him about moving he stresses. and then i stress. my move from my undergrad house started six months prior to the move out date when i began boxing and labeling things. my beloved housemates who do not share this moving philosophy looked at me like i was insane. the day of our move out, i was throwing out cutlery and generally freaking out. but i survived and moved to montreal with relative ease. the move across town to the icrm was quick and dirty (olive oil in carla's car, conference to attend in michigan the next day), but made less painful by the lack of furniture. i thought i was getting better. but since i have experienced vicariously several moves in the last few months (neville the elder move out part one, neville the younger move in and out, neville the elder move out part two, sara move in, tanya move in part one-the stuff and part two-the furniture) i have begun to freak about how to move to jersey.

all of this is to say that i have decided that the best possible course of action is to get everyone i know to come to nyc to see sufjan stevens on august 20th. if you'd each bring a bag of my stuff, or say, my filing cabinet, i'd be set. and my life in the greater nyc area would get off to a suitably delightful start...

any takers ?,
cam

1 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Cam said...

truly. the environment is not worth protecting if mr. stevens is not part of it.

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home