4.16.2005

apparently i heart my phone

dear friends,

so after spending virtually the entire morning on the phone i started to think about how much time i do spend on the phone. i usually think of myself as someone who dislikes the phone. if email is an option i usually take it. and i have several really good friends that i keep in touch with primarily over msn and in no way think that this means they are lower on the friendship hierarchy than my phone friends. anyway, my phone has this feature that logs the time and since i rarely play with the features on my phone i have never reset it. in the approximately 12 months i have had this phone i have talked over 120 hours!!

this is astonishing to me as there are only a few people that i regularly talk to on the phone-- i once a week chat with my dad about the weather and random happenings, i catch up every week or two weeks with best friend for ever amanda who is abroad, i used to talk to carla a lot but now she is in wales, i sometimes talk to tanya but not like for hours, luke and i used to co-ordinate plans when he lived at the icrm, heather and i speak epically in the event of boy emergencies or when she and hilary drunk dial me, and then there is life-coach chris who became a regular phone-friend after several years as a daily-email friend.

at first i really felt guilty about the 120 hours, like i was somehow not living my life or that i should have been out building social capital or something, but then typing up that second paragraph made me realize that those conversations were all things i enjoyed. and, so while i should have spend this morning in further lockdown finishing up marking or working on the paper for monday, presentation for tuesday, and assignment for wednesday... i am actually much happier that amanda filled me in on the happenings in port rowan, her adventures as a teacher, her geriatric roomates and her grand plans for the summer. and, i am even ok with chris tipping the life coach balance back in his favour (yesterday i thought i had returned to the life coach role that i originated when we first became friends when he phoned me with a case of the nerves before his presentation at the sss) by inquiring about my life and listening to me rant about stuff. and, he also had some great gossip about one of my future classmates ;)

so back to the lockdown, unless you want to like call me or something...
cam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home