11.23.2004

the 8-track or record player of my generation?


good bye old friend, at least children will not be sticking grilled cheese sandwhiches in you anymore

dear friends,

it has come to my attention that the vcr has died. this makes me glad that i only own three or four things that can be played in vcrs. (one: the boy who could fly, two: new kids on the block hanging tough live concert, three: short tape of extreme sky flyer adventure at canada's wonderland. and four: breakfast at tiffany's). i have not been able to locate by b-a-t since a certain julia robert's fan moved out of the little yellow house. just saying. but it makes me sad that in the same way i made fun of my dad for listening to 8-tracks that some day my progeny might make fun of a vcr. i doubt it will make the same transition as the record player. i doubt that hipsters will embrace the vcr in the sameway.

kind of dated but i feel alright.
cam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home