7.27.2008

trying new things: bulgarian food or adventures in phallic meats

dear friends,

long time no blog yadda yadda. i have been trying lots of new things of late. being heedless and impulsive as if my ann had an e.

last night elisha and i decided to try a local place we had never been. i thought i knew about eastern european food from my time in poland. but apparently i missed bulgarian. and i would have remembered this. the place we went to is owned by a former bulgarian professional soccer player and features what can only be described as phallic meats. i can't find an exact replica on the internet (mine had two bowls, one on each side that added to the effect)but here are some photos google image found me that might give you some idea.




but why stop there? the trying new things party was just getting started. we met up with some others and ventured to a certain resto/lounge in new brunswick that is about to close for a little fact finding mission (as lukas noted, this probably makes me the madeline albright of missed connections since only people in the united nations go on fact finding missions). this is also of course part of a whole other story involving a latent crush(a term which i am on the verge of urbandictionary-ing), the dude who made my tea for over a year, craigslist missed connections, me just being miley, technological unbalance, employees at my local record store and their bands (and their bands that have members that are kids of my professors), and perhaps most curiously ray romano. its all rather ridiculous and mostly amusing, except for the part where i morph from being the grown up, what you see is what you get, got my shit together version of me into the 1994 listening to this song all the time, wearing my vintage cjoh t-shirt and red zip up like alanis in her video, scared to say hi to boys who aren't my friends version of me.

i suppose the bottom line is that i need to be at least as metaphoriclly ballsy as a bulgarian shisk kebab.

you think?

cam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home